We know EV drivers dig into the details and a future technology like Plugless usually generates a lot of curiosity that can only be satisfied by sources outside of our marketing materials.
Here is a list of 3rd party sources of information on Plugless for your consideration.
Media Coverage About Plugless:
As a “world’s first” technology, we have attracted the attention of various media — here some of the more recent articles.
- Our field trials began in 2011 with Google, Hertz, L.A. Department Water & Power, among others
- Inc Magazine profiled our CEO and the company
- Popular Science named Plugless a 2014 “Best of What’s New” – note: that’s the old pricing
- We are a few months into a large-scale trial in Sweden
- VIE, a leading auto-parts manufacturer in China recently became an investor
- John Cryer (the celebrity…and one of our first customers) tweeted about us – as he notes, those are not sponsored tweets.
The most important excerpt from that announcement:
“The PLUGLESS L2 System was tested to UL 2594, and CSA C22.2 No. 280-13 the Standard for Safety for Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment, allowing it to carry the cETLus mark for the USA and Canada.”
The authoritative independent lab for testing EV chargers is The U.S. Department of Energy’s Idaho National Laboratory (INL). It has “kicked the tires” on Plugless extensively, with more than 8,700 separate tests on our system. INL requires publishing of its testing and we are the ONLY commercially available wireless EV charging technology that has published 3rd party testing available. Here is INL’s fact sheet.
These are all journalistic — READ: we did not pay for nor did we have any control over this coverage.