Company Celebrates New ‘First’ in Fully Autonomous Charging
RICHMOND, Va. – Evatran Group, Inc. (“Evatran”), the manufacturer and distributor of Plugless, announces that Plugless installations across North America (and some worldwide) have crossed 1-million hours charged this month. This marks another milestone in an uninterrupted history of ‘firsts’ for Plugless in the EV industry.
The History of Plugless Firsts
- 1st wireless EV charging field trials – From 2012 to 2014 Plugless systems were rigorously testing in the field at more than a dozen “Apollo” trial partner sites – including installations at Google, Duke Energy, and Hertz.
- 1st production wireless charger available for purchase by EV owners – In 2014 Plugless began selling 3.3kW wireless EV chargers for Chevy Volt and Nissan LEAF. Plugless continues to be the only wireless EV charger for sale to consumers in the world.
- 1st wireless EV charger installed on a production fleet of driverless shuttlebuses – In 2016 Plugless was installed on a fleet of a leading fully autonomous shuttlebus company based in Europe.
- 1st2kW wireless EV charger available for purchase – In 2016 Evatran introduced the 2nd Gen Plugless system loaded with enhanced features and more than doubling the power to 7.2kW.
- 1st Production System available to Tesla Model S owners for autonomous charging –The first integration of the 2nd Gen Plugless system begins shipping to customers in late 2016.
- 1st wireless EV charger designed for interoperable across Tesla and other EVs – The 2nd Gen Plugless system is designed to charge Tesla Model S and any EVs upgraded with a 2nd Gen Plugless systems in the future.
- 1st production wireless EV charger to inductively charge a Chinese production EV – In December 2016, the 2nd Gen Plugless system charged a JAC iEV6S (a SUV) across a six-inch (150mm) air gap. The demonstration system allows for 10 inches (254mm) of roadway clearance, a necessity in China.
- 1st license-free demonstration system available for purchase – In 2017 Plugless begins sales of 3.6kW and 7.2kW demonstration systems to electrified transportation companies and research groups looking for an affordable way to leap-frog inductive charging development costs.
To celebrate surpassing the 1-million hours charged mark this month, Plugless is offering an instant rebate of $600 on the premium Plugless system for Tesla Model S. Information on Tesla Model S charging and instant rebate can be found at: http://www.plugless.com/tesla
* * *
The Plugless™ Level 2 EV Charging System, developed by Evatran™, is the first wireless electric vehicle (EV) charging system on the market in the world. Plugless offers customers a simple way to charge their EVs with the ease of wireless technology. In 2011, Evatran began field trials for Plugless with installations across the USA including at Google, SAP and Hertz. Since shipping its first production system in early 2014 Plugless units have provided more than 1 million trouble-free charge hours. Partnership clients have included the Department of Energy, through its contract with Oak Ridge National Lab and the Swedish Energy Agency and with investments by VIE, a leading tier-1 automotive parts manufacturer based in China. In 2016 VIE and Evatran established a joint venture to meet the demand by OEMs manufacturing EVs for the Chinese market. In December 2016 the JV demonstrated a functioning 7.2kW production Plugless system charging a JAC iEV6s across 254mm of clearance, another first for Evatran.
Originally founded in 2009. Evatran is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia and is the market leader in meeting demand for high-power inductive EV charging products. To learn more about Plugless visit www.pluglesspower.com.
– ### –